In December, we got to experience our first cruise on the Carnival Vista, and it was a wonderful cruise. We determined that the Carnival Vista is definitely our new, favorite ship!
We booked our December 2018 cruise in early June 2018 right after our daughter was born. We booked the first cruise she would be eligible to cruise on, to break her in on the cruising world early! We were happy that there were still rooms available in the family harbor section, even if they were only interior rooms!
The family harbor section is located on deck two, and has every category room available to book. There are many perks to booking a room in the family harbor lounge, but the favorite benefit for us was the access to the family harbor lounge.
The family harbor lounge is a lounge in the family harbor area accessible only to those staying in the family harbor rooms. The lounge has:
- bigger televisions with movie access and couch area to sit and watch a movie with your family
- board games to play
- video game area
- access to ice cream, specialty coffees, hot chocolate, milk, lemonade, tea, and water
- breakfast buffet set up in the morning, as well as a special afternoon snack from 3-5pm, and then milk and cookies from 7-9pm
- And as Silas says… “It is comfortable to lay down and rest if you are stressed or something.”
Other perks to booking a family harbor room that we did not take advantage of, but are available if you book a family harbor room include:
- Kids 11 and under eat for free in all specialty restaurants when with an adult.
- One free Night Owls evening at Camp Ocean for kids 11 and under.
- Dedicated concierge for family harbor lounge.
If you are cruising with kids, I highly recommend cruising on the Carnival Vista and staying in a family harbor room for the special perks for this area.